The Uber app has been one of the most enjoyable of its kind for some time. Not only is it offering an easy way to get yourself from A to B without too many problems, it removes the usual clunky nature of normal taxis. Whilst many cab drivers disagree with the morality or even the legality of Uber, it’s a hugely popular module for quick transport.
Like all new things, though, Uber can be a little daunting to try and operate at first. Not sure where to start? Then consider how to manage Uber by using this guide.
The step-by-step guide
- Start off by signing up. Visit the Uber website and make an account – it takes a few seconds and just needs some basic information.
- If you sign up using a friend’s Uber referral code, then you can get up to $20 credit to use on your first ride/fare. You also need to provide a credit card or PayPal account to sign up to use the Uber service.
- Run through the terms and conditions of the Uber program, ensure that you are happy with it, and then hit ‘Sign Up. Once you are verified etc. then you can get the chance to log in for the first time.
- To hire a driver, you need to log in via your mobile device. Log in using the Uber app which you downloaded. Once there, sign into the Uber app and be prepared to request your ride using Uber.
- You start off by choosing the kind of vehicle that you would like to be using. There are five styles to pick from, allowing you to get a more classic look to something a bit less formal. You use the slider to choose the vehicle that you would like to use. This changes and is determined by the city and also vehicle availability.
- Then, provide your location. This allows you to set your pickup location – you can choose it manually or use your GPS to make it automatic. Once you have confirmed where you want to be picked up at, you will have to confirm the order.
- Once you confirm the order you will be taken to the point of reference whereby you will make payment for the services. You can pay with Uber credit or you can pay with your actual account – the options are down to you.
- Wait in front of the street address for your cab to arrive. You can use your phone to keep track on the driver’s location, average waiting times and various other stats and facts regarding your drive. This makes it easy to know how long you have to get ready and prepared before your arrival is here.
How to Use Uber Online
What if your phone is dead, is there another way to request Uber?
If your phone is dead, or your Uber app is acting up, you can make a request for an Uber online. You can use your laptop, desktop, or even your tablet or iPads to ping for an Uber. Obviously, you’d have to have internet access. Here’s how to use uber online to request for an Uber:
- Go to http://m.uber.com
- Enter your login info. (click on “Allow” for automatic location detected in your browser)
- If your device can’t detect your exact location; in other words if the automatic location does not work, you can enter your current location in the search box
- You can also move the “set pickup location” pointer or pin on the map to where you want to be picked up.
- That’s it! Enjoy your ride! This is how to use Uber to request for your ride.
Remember that if you wish to cancel, you can be charged a fee if you cancel more than five minutes later.
As you can see, learning how to use Uber is pretty easy. If you start with the details above, then you can quickly get to grips with hiring an Uber cab to make your journeys far less stressful.
Featured photo credit: TNW via thenextweb.com
from Lifehack http://ift.tt/2etxWSz