BBQ Beef Tacos
Thank you R&R BBQ for this delicious idea!! These BBQ Beef Tacos are my new FAVORITE tacos! They are made easy in the Instant Pot! The BBQ Beef is so flavorful and tender, and it's topped with a mouth watering coleslaw, all held together in a soft corn tortilla. They are to die for! Perfect for a weeknight dinner, but fancy enough for a party! Make it with me!
This recipe was shared with me by my Grandma B. She made this recipe for my mom all the time and it is one of her favorites. It is definitely a traditional recipe in my family. I hope you enjoy it!
I use a rump roast for this recipe because it is a great cut of meat. I try to always grab one that is between 4 and 5 pounds. For Instant Pot cook time, I say to cook for 12 minutes per pound. I always round up too. With this recipe, I wanted to beef to be very tender and shreddable so I cooked it a little longer than usual.
The coleslaw on top of the BBQ beef makes these tacos extra yummy! The flavors compliment each other so well. Some great side options to serve with these tacos are baked beans, corn bread, or corn on the cob.
BBQ Beef TacosYields: 6 servings
4-5 pound Rump Roast
1 onion, chopped
1 pint chili sauce
1 cup ketchup
2 cups water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons mustard
1 teaspoon onion salt
1 tablespoon Worcheshire sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon allspice
4 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
16 ounce bag coleslaw mix
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup best foods mayo
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
12 corn tortillas
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute.
- Add the onion and Rump Roast and brown on each side.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together chili sauce, ketchup, and water. Add in the cornstarch and whisk until smooth.
- Add the mustard, onion salt, worcheshire sauce, chili powder, paprika, pepper, allspice, white vinegar, and brown sugar to the Instant Pot.
- Pour prepared sauce over Roast.
- Place on the Instant Pot lid and turn the valve to seal. Set the Instant Pot to manual pressure for 90 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the colesaw. In a small mixing bowl, combine sugar, salt, milk, mayo, white vinegar, and lemon juice. Pour over coleslaw mix and toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When the Instant Pot is finished, quick release the pressure. Beef should be fork tender and easy to shred.
- Fill each tortilla with BBQ pork and top with coleslaw.